As you are aware, EPFO is in the process of launching the next version of ECR in the month of December, 2016. The revised ECR is a part of the Unified Portal which has the Online Registration of Establishment (OLRE) and Universal Account Number(UAN) as its other two components. This would provide a Unified Platform for employers and employees for various online services provided by EPFO.
Please refer to the below links for the relevant materials on the new ECR :-
What’s new in ECR 2.0 :
- The existing version of the ‘ECR’ was with 25 data fields and now in ‘ECR 2.0’ its reduced to 11 data fields.
- The employer can file the monthly EPF returns only after generating the UAN numbers with the updated KYCs against each UAN numbers.
- Separate ECR for ‘Arrears’ is to be generated. This ECR will cover only employees with arrear payments with 8 data fields.
- Till now EPFO has asked for PF wages, now employer needs to declare employees monthly ‘Gross Salary’ in this new ECR 2.0.
- Before filing the monthly ECR, you can now download of the Blank ECR file complete with the UAN numbers and name, eliminating the need to enter the UAN details again for the preparation of the ECR file. This will also be available for the Arrears file.
- The existing ECR was available online for payment for 12 days after which it lapsed. In the new version it will not lapse and you can make the payment after uploading the same through the online payment link. However for the delay beyond the due date the applicable rules on Damages and Interest will apply.
To launch this revised version, it has been decided that the remittances of statutory dues under EPF & MP Act, 1952 and the Schemes framed there-under would be allowed through existing ECR portal up to 06:00 PM on 17-12-2016. To carry out the migration and switch-over to the next version of ECR under Unified Portal, it has been decided that the ECR portal will not be available after 06:00 PM on 17-12-2016 till the launch of revised portal on 20-12-2016.
It is requested to inform that establishments about the non-availability of ECR portal for remittances during the above mentioned period and advised them to make the remittances for the wage month of November, 2016 through existing portal within the stipulated time i.e by 15th December, 2016. It is also requested to inform all that the next version of ECR would be available from 20-12-2016.